Type: Daily Hire
Sick of your normal 9-5 grind and want to add a little bit of SPICE to your life? This is *exactly* the job that will do that for you!
Imagine getting paid to travel and see new places every day while working alongside some of the BEST in the business (yep, our reputation is that good we can be confident in saying that we have some of the best people in the industry in our team!).
We know that our employees are the lifeblood of what we do. You will be valued and rewarded for the excellent work you do.
As a Traffic Controller, you will responsible for safely implementing traffic management plans to ensure the safety of roadworkers and all road users at all times. We are looking for reliable, enthusiastic and hard-working individuals that are passionate about safety and customer service to join our tribe!
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Setting up temporary traffic management worksites using signs and devices
- Controlling traffic including construction vehicles and road users
- Operating truck mounted attenuator (TMAs)
- Monitoring worksite traffic, safety and performance
- Completing worksite safety documentation and records
- Supporting other team members on worksites
- Packing and cleaning signs, devices and vehicles
If you think that all sounds pretty good and you want a piece of the action, here is what you will need to join us:
- A current heavy vehicle drivers licence, with a safe and relatively blemish-free driving history
- Current Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Controller Accreditations
- Current Operate Truck Mounted Attenuator accreditation
- Proven reliability – if we can’t count on you, then that will count you out!
- A work history that will stand up and pass our very thorough reference checking process. If you have a trail of inconsistent commitment in the work place, then please do not apply
- The ability to undergo and pass a drug and alcohol test – you should also know we test ongoing and yes – we have a ‘zero tolerance’ policy
- The ability to work long shifts with early starts, night shift and weekends. This will most definitely be part of the role – so if you’re not up for that, please move onto the next vacancy
- The ability to work away from home – this could vary from a night to several weeks
- To be well presented and physically fit & healthy – this is a hands-on role that will require reasonable levels of physical activity
How to apply?
If you’ve got to this point and you’ve decided you *defninitely* want to join our team, please submit your application via our website and ensure you provide the following:
- A copy of your current CV
- Contact details for minimum of two (2) contactable work manager/supervisor referees – we are unable to accept references from your co-workers.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Only applicants with the current legal right to work in Australia will be considered