Are you here because you are looking to take the next step on your journey in the traffic management industry? Well, have we got the opportunity for you! This role is unique to our industry and is the *perfect* stepping stone for someone looking to test their skills and the traffic management knowledge they’ve gained in the field in an operational role.
You can trust us when we say we’re pretty damn good at what we do. We’ve been in the traffic management biz for a long time now (15 years to be exact), so we can put our money where our mouth is on that one. We’re also local just like you and we know how important it is to provide support and opportunity to others like us!
Our team is the reason we are so successful. We have a tribe of dedicated, hard-working and highly skilled people who all share the common goal of getting our crews and our customers home safe EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
We don’t sacrifice quality or safety for ANYTHING.
We know we can provide you with variety (no two days are the same around here – seriously, how boring would that be?), a great working environment and (most importantly) the chance to GROW and develop with us – we don’t believe in glass ceilings around here, just ask our team.
“What exactly does a Planning Assistant do?” we hear you ask. Well, in a nutshell, you’ll be entrusted with carefully scoping out customer job requirements and receiving, understanding and actioning customer needs efficiently and safely. You will play a critical role that ensures we design safe workplaces for our customers, motorists and fellow team members.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Scoping our customer and project requirements
- Preparing works packs for our crews
- Assisting our coordinators to schedule jobs
- Booking hire equipment and other resources as per job requirements
- Engaging with customers to build long lasting relationships
We’ve figured out that the person who is going to *own it* in this role is going to need the following skills and qualities:
- A current WA C Class MANUAL driver’s licence, with a safe and relatively blemish-free driving history
- A current MRWA Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Controller (BWTM & TC) Accreditation
- At least 12 months’ experience in the traffic management industry
- Prior experience in an administration role (this is not essential but would be highly advantageous)
- Excellent computer skills (eg. emails, operating & task management systems) – our processes are heavily systemised so you will need to be able to do more than “just get by”
- Absolutely TOP NOTCH communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to confidently interact with a variety of people.
- Has strong knowledge of the Perth metro area
- The ability to adapt to change and think on your feet
How To Apply?
If you’ve got to this point and you’ve decided you want to chuck your hat in the ring, please submit your application via our website and ensure you provide the following:
- A cover letter addressing the above criteria
- A copy of your current CV
- Contact details for minimum of two (2) contactable work manager/supervisor referees – we are unable to accept references from your co-workers.
Applications close Friday 12 March 2021.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Only applicants with the current legal right to work in Australia will be considered