About The Role
As Operations Assistant you will play an important support role to the Operations department to ensure we deliver on the promises we make and the expectations we create. You will be relied on to provide first-hand support to ensure resources are prepared and ready for our team to deliver services to our customers.
This is not your typical type of job role – it is a PHYSICAL, hands-on role in a fast-paced environment. You WILL need to get your hands dirty, so if you’re looking for a 9 to 5 desk bound role then this position will *not* be for you.
Some of the tasks you will be responsible for include:
- Ensuring daily operational documentation is processed accurately and on time
- Providing hands on assistance and mentoring to work crews before, during and after their shifts
- Providing general administrative support to the team and assisting schedulers to ensure customer requests are processed in a timely manner
- Assisting with the coordination of hire equipment requirements (eg. picking up/dropping off equipment from suppliers)
- Assisting with the coordination & packing of job resources to ensure vehicles are ready to go for works as per operational requirements
- Setting up temporary traffic management worksites using signs and devices
About Us & Our Team
What you need to know about us is that we’ve been in the traffic management biz for a long time now (17 years to be exact), so we really do know what we’re doing. We’re local just like you and we know how important it is to provide support and opportunity to others like us!
Our team are the reason we are so successful. We have a tribe of dedicated, hard working and high skilled people who all share the common goal of getting our crews and our customers home safe EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
We don’t sacrifice quality or safety for ANYTHING.
We know we can provide you with an excellent work/life balance (that’s right, no more 60+ hour weeks grinding away at your computer), a great working environment and (most importantly) opportunity for GROWTH and development – we don’t believe in glass ceilings around here.
We’ve figured out that the person who is going to kick some *absolute goals* in this role is going to need the following skills and qualities:
- A WA C Class Manual driver’s licence with a safe and relatively blemish free driving history.
- At least 3 years’ prior experience in a fast-paced industry (eg. construction, transport, logistics, hospitality) – prior administration and/or traffic management experience will also be looked upon favourably for this role.
- OUT OF THIS WORLD communication skills (both verbal & written) and the ability to confidently communicate and interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise & manage your time effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and a BIG care factor to do things the right way
- Prior experience working both independently and in a team environment – remember you will need to be hands on in this role, so we are after someone who won’t “take the back seat”
- Flexible and able to work across a variety of shifts including early mornings
- Adaptable to changes (ie. short notice customer requirements)
- Strong computer skills
How To Apply
Our advice to you is don’t ignore this opportunity.
Of course, you’re probably happy now but don’t you deserve to be happier? So go on, don’t be scared of change – get in touch with us, chuck your hat in the ring. What’s the worst that can happen?
If you’ve got to this point and you’ve decided you want to be *brave*, please submit your application via Seek and ensure you provide the following:
- A cover letter addressing the above criteria
- A copy of your Current CV
- Contact details for minimum two (2) contactable work manager/supervisor referees – we are unable to accept references from your co-workers.
Applications close Wednesday 15 February 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Only applicants with the current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.