Hey you! We’re guessing you’ve opened this job ad because you’re after a change? Maybe you’re stuck in a job that’s *crushing* your soul or maybe you’ve decided you’re destined for BIGGER and BETTER things? Either way, we know this is the job you NEED if you want to achieve those things!
Trust us when we say we’re pretty damn good at what we do. We’ve been in the traffic management biz for a long time now (15 years to be exact), so we can put our money where our mouth is on that one. We’re also local just like you and we know how important it is to provide support and opportunity to others like us!
Our team are the reason we are so successful. We have a tribe of dedicated, hard working and highly skilled people who all share the common goal of getting our crews and our customers home safe EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
We don’t sacrifice quality or safety for ANYTHING.
We know we can provide you with variety (no two days are the same around here – seriously, how boring would that be?), a great working environment and (most importantly) the chance to GROW and develop with us – we don’t believe in glass ceilings around here.
This role in particular is a great launch pad for someone looking to dip their toes into an operational role within the construction industry, and we reckon you’ll love it that much that the little toe dip will turn into a giant CANNONBALL in no time!
Now, down to the important stuff. As Operations Assistant you will play an important support role to the Operations department to ensure we deliver on the promises we make and the expectations we create. You will be relied on to provide first-hand support to ensure resources are prepared and ready for our team to deliver services to our customers.
This is a PHYSICAL, hands-on role in a fast-paced environment. You WILL be getting your hands dirty, so if you’re looking for a 9 to 5 desk bound role then this position will *not* be for you. Some of the tasks you will be responsible for include:
- Ensuring vehicles and resources are ready to go as per operational requirements
- Ensuring daily operational documentation is processed accurately and on time
- Providing hands on assistance to work crews before and after their shifts
- Providing general administrative support to the team to ensure customer requests are processed in a timely manner
- Setting up temporary traffic management worksites using signs and devices
We’ve figured out that the person who is going to kick some *absolute goals* in this role is going to need the following skills and qualities:
- A current WA C Class MANUAL driver’s licence, with a safe and relatively blemish-free driving history
- A Construction Industry Induction (White Card) – or be prepared to obtain
- Prior experience in a fast paced industry (eg. construction, transport, logistics, hospitality)
- OUT OF THIS WORLD communication skills (both verbal & written) and the ability to confidently communicate and interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise & manage your time effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and a BIG care factor to do things the right way
- Prior experience working both independently and in a team environment – remember you will need to be hands on in this role, so we are after someone who won’t “take the back seat”
- Is flexible and able to work across a variety of shifts including early mornings
If you’ve got to this point and you’ve decided you want to be brave and chuck your hat in the ring, please submit your application via our website and ensure you provide the following:
- A copy of your Current CV
- Contact details for minimum two (2) contactable work manager/supervisor referees – we are unable to accept references from your co-workers.
Applications close Monday 4 October 2021.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Only applicants with the current legal right to work in Australia will be considered